Tablets on the Wall of Remembrance are held at the Church of the Immaculate Conception, in memory of the Polish settlers who attended the parish. The first Catholic church was built in 1884 known as St Mary’s, it was erected on the north side of Miranda Street, where the presbytery now stands. A new church, named this time, Church of the Immaculate Conception, was built in 1894 on the south side of Miranda Street. The original one was moved across the road by a team of bullocks to become a school. In July of 1973 a new Church of the Immaculate Conception emerged right next door to the old one which was destroyed by fire in 1986.